A few California Fun Facts!
- California became a state on September 9, 1850. The Capital of California is Sacramento.
- The State Flower of California is The Golden Poppy
- The State Tree is of course the California Redwood
- The State Bird is The California Valley Quail.
- The California State Motto...EUREKA!
- Death Valley in southern California is the lowest point in the United States. It is 282 feet below sea level. It is the lowest, hottest and driest location in North America.
- The tallest California Redwood Tree is "Hyperion". It measures 379.3 feet!
- California Redwood Trees are over 2000 years old!
- California is home to beautiful beaches along the Pacific Ocean and beautiful mountains in the Sierra Nevada and Cascade Mountain Ranges.
Safe Travels Miss Bindergarten!